Arnold-Peter C. Weiss, M.D.
R. Scot Sellers Scholar of Hand Surgery
Chief of Hand Surgery
University Orthopedics, Inc.
• 3rd most common joint with arthritis
• Most common operation for arthritis in the arm/hand
• More common in women than men (about 4 to 1)
• Tightly rolled acellular human collagen
• Advantage: maintains height, instant, easy, pinch strength
• 3 sizes – 13mm, 15mm, 17mm
• No cast required
• No tendon graft required
• Better pinch strength earlier
• Great pain relief
• Shorter course of hand therapy
© Copyright APCW 2019